Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

I am Reese. Iskolar ng bayan. tard. weirdo. impulsive shopper. cheesecake hogger. magazine collector. actress. frustrated singer. potential alcoholic. soon to be diabetic amputee. "i wish i can kill the sexiest person alive. BUT then, that'd be SUICIDE!"

Calling ALL BRATS!




SIGN MY GUESTMAPtd>

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com


WHAT I'M LOVIN RYT NOW!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Susheela Raman is LOVE.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jenifer- Le Passage


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kaskade!!!



Reese Recommends
  • Who Links Here
  • My Friendster
  • My Multiply
  • Peyups
  • Death Clock
  • Urban Dictionary
  • UP Diliman
  • Joey's Unscripted Index
  • MtvAsia
  • Female Network
  • My iPod
  • LiquidGeneration
  • Face Analyzer
  • The Superficial
  • Hollywoodrag
  • My Heritage
  • What's on telly?
  • Hed Kandi is love
  • Bratinellas n Bratinellos
  • Ala- Music of my Life
  • Allan- The Kid not found
  • Ayeka- suplada
  • Bianca- Castles in the Sky
  • Bryanboy- Le Superstar
  • Cat- Catingka
  • Cat- painted gypsy
  • Celeni- Postmodern Vanity
  • Charlene- kitty litter
  • Charm- whispers with wings
  • Claire- an invincible summer
  • Claudz- Her Reign
  • Conluv- My sistah
  • Debbzykins- All that Matters
  • Denise- Insane Adventures
  • Enuh- compulsory counterclaim
  • Ericka- tall peppermint mocha
  • Erica- Everybody Luvs Erica
  • Erin- strange fruit
  • Erin- Extraordinary
  • Garon- the 12horned demon
  • Geneveve- Best Memories
  • Gigi- Goes Gaga
  • Gracy- resident kikay
  • Inez- refreshingly dull
  • Ingrid- fallen but flying
  • Iya- Bluegreen analogy
  • Jake- The Joyride
  • Jenna- bionic
  • Jess- kaleidoscope eyes
  • Jillsabs- Sabitski Point
  • Joey- Urban Bohemia
  • The Jologs Queen
  • Jonats- Split Screen Sadness
  • Joy- Sassy Girl
  • Kaye- D GR8
  • Kaye- Crazed Midget
  • Krista- fairytales
  • Larry-Procrastinator
  • Lucy- LilmissLucy
  • The Man Blog/a>
  • Marla- The Dancer
  • Mikki- MouseHolePerspective
  • Mishy- Misunderstood
  • Mitch- indie boys
  • Ocnarf- Reader's guide
  • The Paningit
  • Quark- Intrigero
  • Ralaine- Unconditional Love
  • Ruby-Graciousnest
  • Sarah- sarsicola
  • Teejay- Starwisher
  • Tiepee- Chocolate Factory
  • Vanessa- Savvy Chic
  • Wina- Misbehaving angel
  • CREDITS
    Template design: ReelPersona
    Image Copyright: Rion Vernon

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
    Wednesday, January 05, 2005

    The Da Vinci Code



    Okay, so I haven't finished the book yet. Actually, I still have around 5 more chapters to go. But I'm sooo excited already, I just HAVE to say something. NOW. As in NOW NA. *heehee*

    I am no religious who who. Despite the fact that I have a VERY religious Catholic upbringing *people close to me know what I'm talking about*, I have often questioned whatever faith I had in God, and gave my Dad headaches with a bazillion whys. I was never really attentive when listening to the homilies, and the Gospels, because they always repeat the same thing,... always. The bottom line naman palagi is- *Be good, and spread the word of God* We KNOW THAT. So why do we EVEN need to go to church? I asked my Dad the same question in the car, on the way to, uh.... church, and he said that people need a place to worship, and that is the place. Being the makulit debater, I argued, that we don't need to go to church to pray. We can very well do that at home. It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that you HAVE to HAVE to HAVE to go and hear Mass. So why? My Dad argued back naman, "Then why do you go to the hospital to get treated, when you can very well just buy medicine, or call the doctor to your home?" Hm. Good point. Still. I think that his argument was pretty weak compared to mine. I still stand by my word.



    Anyway, going back to the Da Vinci Code /before I started blabbering/, I'm amazed by how much Dan Brown's book made sense. So NOW we all know the secret behind that Mona lisa. And the painting of the Last Supper? Good grief... That was NO fiction. I've been reading books ever since ever, and The Holy Grail has been mentioned alot... particularly during King Arthur's time. /yeah, I am a fantasy freak/... According to Brown, the Holy Grail is NOT a cup, and really, it makes sense. Why on earth would wars start because of a silly cup? Why would people even want to bother? Hm... Oh, and yeah, WHY exactly are women so discriminated in the Bible? It's like, EVERY woman was accused of being a slut. Can it possibly be true that our religion was just made up? Absolutely false? Will we EVER know the truth before we die?

    Don't get me wrong... I believe in God. THAT much I'm sure, because there just HAS to be one. And admit it or not, we all need Him. But I guess that's where the connection between me and anything holy ends. Even before I read the book, I've been questioning everything I was brought up to believe in. Is our faith just made up of stories? Why is the Church making us do so many things? Do we EVEN have to? Why do hypocrite priests EVEN exist? I've seen priests smoke, drink, and the whole world knows, we've all heard of perverted priests too...It makes you wonder how the people you've looked up to all your life do things they swore they wouldn't do. Ano ba kasi talaga? *hay*

    What with all these revelations, it's so easy to just not believe anymore. An "agnostic" guy friend of mine considers "The Da Vinci Code" as his Bible. I wouldn't call it that, and I would STILL pen down "Roman Catholic" on my school registration form, because my religion, is after all, a HUGE part of what and who I am. All I'm saying is----I guess we all have the right to doubt. And doubt BIG time.... *????*


    Posted by peanutbuttercups @ 1:07 PM |

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Chris said...

    http://www.javajunkee.com/atheism.html

    I came across your blog and thought you might enjoy this piece...

    3:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    so you believe in god...
    which came first, human civilization or the belief in god?
    is it reasonable to believe in god? definitely yes.
    is god a supernatural being/entity? supernatural, meaning above the natural, then is it reasonable to assume that the belief is due to some premordial inconsistency in the human psyche abhorrent to the disfunctional deterioration parallel to schematic syllogisms?

    9:33 AM  
    Blogger MaoLeN said...

    ei, have u finished reading na the book? ganda n0h...s0bra...try mo din basahin angels and demons, andun din kxe si Robert Langdon...

    nwei, visit lng sa blog mo...

    pa-add naman ako dun sa links mo...i2 na lng lagay mo www.buhayiskangisangisipbata.tk...salamat!!!

    7:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home